Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Harry Potter Book Tag!


Oh my goodness, a Harry Potter book tag?  You know I can't resist this.  I found this wonderful tag over at Writing On A Vintage Typewriter, Áine's lovely blog!  She tagged all Harry Potter lovers and, as a self titled Potterhead, I had to do this!  So, enjoy :) 

Favorite book in the series?

It has to be the third book in the series, The Prisoner of Azkaban.  I felt like this was really the book that took HP, both as a character an as a series, down a more mature path and I loved that.  Also, Sirius. 

Favorite movie?
Order of the Phoenix, definitely!  It is just such a great story, both on the page and as a film and really sets of the last few books.  

Least favorite book?

Looking back, I have no idea why I disliked this book so much.  I feel like it just dragged a bit in between the tournament events.  Even still, this is one of my all time favorite books, just my least favorite of the series. 

Scenes that made you cry? *spoilers*

Dobby.  Fred.  Remus.  Also Dumbledore drinking from that bowl in that cave.  You know what I'm talking about. 

Favorite character?

Fred and George always make me smile.

What would your Patronus be?
I took a quiz once that said mine would be a stag but I don't quite see that.  I'd probably be a cat or something similar.  

If you could chose to have the Elder Wand, the Resurrection Stone, or the Invisibility Cloak, which would you choose?

I've read the books, I know what the smart choice would be.  Also, the cloak would be so handy when you want to avoid something.  I can get into so many fun adventures with it, too.  Like searching for Christmas presents without anyone realizing it.  

What house would you be sorted into?

According to Pottermore, I'm a Gryffindor!  Which is seriously awesome because I love Gryffindors. But I can see myself also being sorted into Ravenclaw.

If you could meet one member of the cast, who would it be?

Rupert Grint, definitely.  While it'd be awesome to meet Emma Watson, I just love how down to earth and funny Rupert always seems.  

If you played Quidditch, what position would you play?

I'd probably honestly be a beater.  I played softball for years and am pretty handy with a bat.  Also, I like being able to help other people succeed and support them so I feel like I'd be happy with this position.  

Were you happy with the ending?

Yes yes yes yes yes.  I loved it.  I was so happy with how everything wrapped up.  Of course, I'd always be happy to have more but if nothing else is coming, I'm completely satisfied with the way this series came to a close. 

What does this series mean to you?

This series has turned into a living thing for me.  It was there to comfort me when I was sad or lonely.  It made my childhood magical and filled me with creativity and hope.  It made my interest in reading (which Twilight initially sparked) blow up and immersed me in a world of wonderful fictional worlds.  I think so fondly about this series.  I have no doubt that I'll be passing it down and reading it with my own kids.  

If you're a Harry Potter lover, I tag you to do this!  I'd love to read your answers so please, leave your links in the comments below so we can all reminisce about this legendary series. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns