Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Top Ten Things That Make Me Instantly Want to Read a Book

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish in which we share out top ten lists relating to the bookish topic assigned that week.

This week's topic is...

Top Ten Things That Make Me Instantly Want to Read a Book!

1. Hate-to-Love Romance!  I'm a sucker for it.  My favorite contemporary novel last year, The Hating Game, is the perfect example of this! I love it so much.

2. Badass Female Characters!  Yes, give me all the strong ladies!  Even if they aren't "traditionally" strong, I feel like if they stick up for their beliefs, stay true to who they are, then they're badass.  But being able to kick butt helps, too.

3. Myths!  I love when novels include myths and legends and gods and goddesses.  I can't help but want to read anything that brings in these things.

4.  Road trips!  Especially when they lead to interesting and sometimes awkward situations between a couple I ship! 

5. Bad Boys!  Chances are if the blurb mentions a batboy, I'm 90% more likely to pick it up and read it.

6. Magic! Fantasy is my favorite genre.  Please, give me some made up worlds and epic powers.

7. Summery Feels!  If I am reading a contemporary, I want it to make me feel like it's summer! I love summertime mischief in books. 

8.  Faeries!  This kind of goes hand in hand with magic, but faeries are my favorite magical creatures.  I think they're so interesting and there's so many ways to right them.  

9. Sibling Relationships!  I love when there's a strong relationship between siblings in the books I read.  The book I just recently read that had the best sibling relationships is To All the Boys I've Loved Before

10. Gorgeous Covers!  I'll admit it, I totally buy books just because they'd look pretty on my bookshelf.  If it had a pretty cover AND sound amazing, it's a win-win!

What makes you instantly want to read a book?  Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns