Monday, April 17, 2017

Review: The Unexpected Everything

Title: The Unexpected Everything 
Series: None 
Author: Morgan Matson 
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: May 3, 2016 
Source: Bought 

Andie had it all planned out. When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future. Important internship? Check. Amazing friends? Check. Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks).
But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life. Because here’s the thing—if everything’s planned out, you can never find the unexpected. And where’s the fun in that?

Find The Unexpected Everything online!
 Morgan Matson's books are genuinely a joy to read.  They're all just so consistently good.  I don't think I've read a single one of her books and thought it wasn't well worth the read.  This one was no exception.  It was so full of friendships and romance and summer vibes and DOGS.  So, of course, I adored it.  

I read this book during my spring break and let me just say, it was the absolute PERFECT time to read it.  It made me to excited for summer.  Just thinking about it now makes me want to get a job walking dogs for my summer break.  It just seemed like so much fun.  And it led to so much growth in Andie.  When we first meet her, she's a bit of a perfectionist -- she kind of always has to have things go her way.  But things go awry and she has to take this job and it's the most perfect thing for her.  I loved watching her learn so much about herself and grow into who she is through it.  And, of course, it led to her meeting Clark who is AMAZING.  

Clark and Andie have an amazing relationship and great chemistry.  But I loved that things didn't immediately start off great.  There's definitely no instalove here and I was so happy about that.  Their relationship grows from friendship to more in such an organic and natural way.  

The main focus of this novel for me was the friendships in it.  Between Andie and Clark, Andie and her girlfriends, and Andie and her dad.  These relationships were all so dynamic and three dimensional.  It gave me nice, warm feelings while reading.  Especially the relationship between Andie and her dad.  They start off to awkward and distant; seeing them slowly get to know each other again and become part of each other lives was so heart warming and I love them so much! 

Morgan Matson is basically an auto-buy author for me.  I've never once disliked one of her books (though I will say this book didn't get a full 5 star rating because of how long it is) and I can't imagine I ever really well.  They're so wholesome and heart warming and full of friendship.  I can't wait for the next one to release!

“I could do this. If whole galaxies could change, so could I.”


Four Teapots

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns