Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Top Ten Binge-Worthy TV Shows / Amazing Movies!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl in which we share out top ten lists relating to the bookish topic assigned that week.

This week's topic is...

Top Ten Binge-Worthy TV Shows / Amazing Movies

Ohh, I'm excited about this topic. I love me some good TV shows and movies.

1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before (movie)
Okay, if you haven't heard of this movie, I don't know what you've been doing. This adaptation of the novel To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han has been blowing up in the book community and it deserves literally all the hype it has gotten.

I've watched it more than a few times and every time I do, I love it more!

2. The Office (US) (TV show)
This is easily the show I've watched the most and the easiest one I've found to binge-watch. It never gets old, the cast is amazing, the humor is right up my alley, and every time I watch it, I noticed something new.

3. Thor: Ragnarok (movie) 
I'm actually watching Thor: Ragnarok as I write this post! It's so good -- quite possibly my favorite movie in the Marvel universe and definitely in my top three. I love everything about it and I wish we had more Thor movies told and filmed in this style! Before Ragnarok, the Thor movies were just sort of meh for me -- they were missing the awesome colors and humor and characterization of this one!

4. New Girl (TV show)
Besides the office, this is probably the show that I watch most frequently. The characters are easily my favorite part of it -- I love them all so much, but especially Winston. He's so hilarious and his character changed a lot (for the better) from the beginning of the series to the end of it. 

5. Avatar: the Last Airbender (TV show)
This is 100% my favorite TV show from my childhood and one that still holds up now that I'm an adult. It's an amazing series and deals with so many heavy themes beautifully. There's so much world-building, character development, and interesting conflicts -- just talking about it makes me want to rewatch it (again).

6. Gilmore Girls (TV show)
This is one of the shows I turn on when it's nice and cozy out, when I want to wind down and watch something that will make me happy and relaxed! It's definitely a comfort show to me, and one that I watch pretty frequently!

7. The Great British Baking Show (TV show)
Another comfort show! The Great British Baking Show is so pure and so wonderful and I love it so much. Unlike a lot of the competitions shows we see in the US, the contestants in this one all support each other and are all positive and sweet and nice to each other. If I'm ever feeling anxious, I turn this show on. 

8. Parks & Rec (TV show)
Another super binge-able TV show -- while I think this one had a bit of a rocky start (the first season is not my favorite), it really hit its stride after that and I fell absolutely in love with it! I want to be Leslie Knope's best friend -- she's such an inspiration and so motivating.

9. The Good Place (TV show) 
This is the only show on here that I haven't rewatched and also the only one I haven't watched every episode of! Still, I freaking love this show -- it's so funny and so easy to fall into. And it's really unique; I've never watched a show similar to this and I'm enjoying it immensely! 

10. Set it Up (movie)
Another super cute romcom on Netflix! This movie was a bit of a surprise to me -- I watched it on a whim without really knowing much about it and ended up loving it! The banter between the main characters is amazing, the plot is really entertaining, and the overall tone just makes me happy!

Have you watched any of these TV shows or movies? Are any of them your favorites? These are basically the TV shows I find myself turning on again and again and the movies I just don't tire of. If you haven't watched any of these (how????), I highly recommend them! They can all be found on Netflix :) 

What are some of your top ten binge-worthy TV shows and amazing movies? Let me know in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. I'm a really bad binge watcher, so there are so many shows I'd love to watch but just don't have the time to get through them. However, I loved Thor: Ragnarok and I really need to watch it again.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, yes, that is such a great movie! A lot of my binge watching happens while I'm working on my blog -- I'll turn on a TV show while I'm typing up or planning out posts :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've been hearing some really great things about The Good Place. I have to check it out. Also adding Set it Up and New Girl to my watch list. I adore the Avatar The Last Airbender! And To all the Boys I've Loved Before was absolutely amazing! Great list! Happy watching! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, I really hope you like them when you get the chance to turn them on!! They're all such feel-good movies/TV shows!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns