Friday, August 17, 2018

Nope! Tag


I saw this tag over at Jenn Renee Read & Ash Too! and I just had to do it!

This tag is all about the bookish things that make me say "nope!" Honestly, there's a lot of books I've read that have elements that make me shake my head and put that down so I'm excited to share those things with you guys!

Nope Ending
A book ending that made you say "nope" either in denial, rage, or because it was just a crappy end.
The ending of The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. While I haven't actually read this book, I was told the ending and it immediately made me say "nope!" I definitely will not be reading the last book of this series, all because of the end. 

Nope Protagonist 
A main character who you dislike or who drives you crazy.
Kricket from Under Different Stars by Amy A. Bartol. Oh my goodness I have never met a main character who was such a Mary Sue. She was described as absolutely perfect and it bothered me so much reading about everyone fawning over her constantly. 

Nope Series 
A series that turned out to be a major "nope!" after you invested time in it. 
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Initially, I didn't mind this series -- I mostly enjoyed the first book but about a week after that first book, my excitement for it dwindled and I realized it was pretty much a mash up of every other YA book I've read. 

Nope Popular Pairing
A "ship" you don't support. 
Alina and Mal from Leigh Bardugo's Grisha Trilogy. Yeah, no. Alina + The Darkling all the way. 

Nope Plot Twist 
A plot twist you didn't see coming or that you didn't like. 
I don't really have a nope plot twist! 

Nope Genre
A genre you will never read. 
I'm really not a fan of psychological thrillers.

Nope Book Format 
A book format you don't care for.
Of all the book formats, my least favorite is ebooks! They just lose a little bit of the magic that physical books hold. 

Nope Trope 
A trope you can't stand. 
INSTALOVE. I hate instalove. I don't want the MCs to immediately fall all over each other -- I want to watch the way they grow and get to know each other!

Nope Recommendation 
A book that has been recommended to you that you refuse to read.
Another "nope" I don't really have! If someone recommends a book to me, more likely than not I'll at least check it out!

Nope Love Interest 
A love interest that not worthy to be one.
Ever from The Peer and the Puppet. Holy cow, I cannot stand this guy. I "noped" him so hard, I ended up DNFing the book.

Nope Book 
A book you don't think should have existed. 
The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski. This entire book made me rage. The characters were just so, so dumb. Seriously. If you want to read my ranty review, check it out here.

Do you have any bookish "nopes"? Do we share any of them? I want to know what books and characters had made people shake their heads and rage! I'm not going to tag anyone but I hope that some of you guys will participate in this tag and send me a link!


3 comments:

  1. Fun tag! I haven't read most of these, but I know that Red Queen and that whole series just does not interest me at all. It doesn't sound like I'm missing much though! haha

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the Red Queen was a nope for me too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read The Boys Next Door and Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols last month and everything about them was a "nope" for me. I don't know why I didn't DNF?!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns