Monday, August 28, 2017

Review: Wrong

Title: Wrong 
Series: Wrong #1 
Author: Jana Aston 
Genre: Adult, Romance, Contemporary 
Publisher: Self-published 
Publication Date: October 7, 2015
Source: Bought 

I have a history of picking the wrong guy. Gay? Player? Momma’s boy? Check, check and check.
Now I can’t stop fantasizing about one of the customers at the coffee shop I work at between classes. It’s just a harmless crush, right? It’s not like I ever see this guy outside of the coffee shop. It’s not like I’m going to see him while attempting to get birth control at the student clinic. While wearing a paper gown. While sitting on an exam table. Because he’s the doctor. Shoot. Me.
But what if, for once, the man I’ve had the dirtiest, most scandalous fantasies about turned out to be everything but wrong?


Find Wrong online!
Okay, this book was . . . interesting.  There were some aspects I really loved and others that had me cringing.  One thing I will say, though, is that it never bored me.  I was excited to pick it up whenever I had the chance and finished it within a day or two.  

I actually really enjoyed the relationship between Luke and Sophie.  They just complimented each other so well.  Luke was an awesome hero; he was sweet, protective, caring, and funny.  I was laughing out loud at some of the conversations and situations they found themselves in, especially as Luke was a doctor and had a hard time taking off the stethoscope and lab coat at times.  Sophie, our narrator and main character, was so relatable and sweet.  I loved how honest she was and how willing she was to try new things and put herself out there.  She was the type of characters that I could see myself hanging out with.  Although, I will admit that she did annoy me at times.  

Some of the things I didn't like so much . . . Sophie definitely came across as very immature at times.  There were a few times when she just went off and started spilling her guts in a way that just made me cringe.  Like, it just wasn't endearing at those points, it was just embarrassing and annoying.  Luke . . . some of the things he said made me cringe.  Okay, so, he was a bit of a dirty talker but he kept on calling Sophie "hussy" and I just couldn't take that seriously.  It was such an awkward and funny thing to say; every time he said it, I was pulled out of the story.  

I did actually enjoy the plot overall.  It was nice to see so much of their life as a couple outside of like . . . the physical sense.  I loved watching them go out to dinner and go to family homes and just even go shopping.  It was sweet and mundane, but in a really nice way.  It made the relationship feel more real.  The end was something I kind of saw coming but I still have a good time reading about it. 

This book was fun and sweet (and hot).  I had a blast reading it; it's one of those stories that becomes a bit addictive.  Though there were some things that made me cringe or took me out of the story, overall I had a good time reading it and will be continuing the series!  

“My cervix looks great. Is that a gynecologist pickup line? I laugh internally.”    
Four out of Five Teapots



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns