Thursday, August 4, 2016

Pokemon Go Book Tag

Pokemon Go Book Tag was created by the wonderful Aentee over at Read at Midnight.  Go check out her blog!

While I wasn't a huge fan of Pokemon as a child, I really enjoyed collecting the cards and watching the movies.  I'm just in love with Pokemon Go, though.  Not only because of the content of the game, but because of how many awesome people I've met because of it and all the good times I've spent with friends and family walking around looking for new pokemon!  So, without further ado, here's my Pokemon Go Book Tag!
I have three different books that really defined the start of my love of reading (just like there's three starting pokemon - ha!).  The book that initially got me reading was none other than Twilight.  It sparked my love of reading and showed me that books can be used for entertainment just as much learning!

City of Bones was the book that showed me Twilight wasn't the only book like this!  It forged my love of YA and actually inspired me to start writing my own novels.  

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins is the book that inspired me to start this blog!  When I finished reading it, I was desperate to find other people to talk about it with and this was the perfect place to find that.
Like I'm sure will be many other people's answers, I couldn't not pick the Harry Potter series for this category.  Harry Potter is a consistent favorite of mine and it's a new experience every time I read it (which is normally at least once a year).
For me, this is without a doubt Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarry Fisher.  I was really excited about this one when I first heard about but it just blew up to the point where I over hyped it and I don't think it will be able to really live up to my expectations.
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout is that book for me.  There's so many things about this book that I see everywhere in the YA genre as a whole but I just can't stop loving it!


Oh my gosh, I've been wanting to read the Game of Thrones for the longest time but just . . . those books are so long.  And dense.  And there's so many different character POVs and story lines to follow and that's a lot.
This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel was a pretty chilling book.  I read is a few years ago and there were some straight up scary sections in it. 
Feysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses.  Holy wow, this book . . . these characters . . . everything, I loved.  They are amazing and deserve happiness!
For me, this book is Poison Princess by Kresley Cole.  Not only is it incredibly interesting and fast-paced, it also has a scorching hot romance!
The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas.  While I haven't read all the novella for this series yet, I'm so excited to.  Really, anything she writes I'll happily pick up.
When I started reading the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, I honestly didn't expect to like it as much as I did.  But when I really dove into the series, especially after reading the second book in the series, I just fell in love!
I've been staying away from reading The Raven Boys but after hearing all the hype and excitement over these books, I finally caved.  I got the book and I'm excited to start and see what all the fuss is about!
I don't have a specific idea of a collector's edition I wish I owned but I wouldn't mind getting a rare edition of the Harry Potter series!
Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones sounds so amazing!  Plus, I have a thing for books about Goblins and Faeries and it's about Goblins.  February 7, 2017 just cannot come quickly enough
Sarah J. Maas, without a doubt.  Especially right now when I'm just coming from reading A Court of Mist and Fury, which actually may have killed me (jk but it was really good and you all should go read it).
Stefanie Meyer has promised many books but here I am, bookless.  I'd love a Midnight Sun release.  Or the release of the next two books in The Host series.  But, alas, I fear it will never happen.

I tag everyone who wants to do this!  It's a fun tag and brings together so many awesome, nerdy things :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns