Friday, September 25, 2015

Review: Fall With Me

Title:  Fall With Me
Series:  Wait For You #4
Author:  Jennifer L. Armentrout (Website | Twitter)
Age Group:  New Adult
Publisher:  Avon Books
Publication Date:  March 31, 2015
Source:  Bought
Eleven months ago, bartender and weird-shirt-wearing extraordinaire Roxy and Officer Reece Anders had a one night stand. Well, kind of. She’s been in love with him since she was fifteen, and he wishes that night they shared never happened. She’s sworn him off forever, but the past and future collide, forcing her to rely on the one man who broke her heart not once, but twice.
Her best friend since birth has been in a long-term care facility since he became a victim of a hate crime years ago, and the person who put him in there is out of prison and wanting to make amends with him and Roxy. She’s not sure she has room for forgiveness in her and when she begins to receive frightening messages and is on the receiving end of escalating violence, she thinks she knows who is to blame. The man who already destroyed one life already.
But Reece isn’t convinced. The threats are too personal, and even if Roxy doesn’t believe him, he’s not willing to let anyone hurt her. Including himself. He’s already messed up more than once when it comes to Roxy and he’s not going to let history repeat itself.

Find Fall With Me online


After reading the third book in this series and not totally loving it, I was worried that this series was going to start to go downhill which is such a sad thought for me because I normally love all JLA books.  Luckily, that wasn't the case.  I fell absolutely in love with this series again after this book!  It was filled with all the signature awesomeness Jennifer L. Armentrout brings.  It has made me, once again, so anxious to continue reading the stories she is willing to give us!

Roxy and Reece had a chemistry that was seriously off the charts.  Every single time they were on the page together, it was bursting with tension and wit.  Their conversations were absolutely hilarious except for when they were so sweet.  When I wasn't chuckling, I was swooning at their epic romance.  Together, they were awesome.  Apart, they were still awesome, which I feel is such an important part of any romantic couple.  I loved how loyal and quirky Roxy was.  She was a total nerd and totally not afraid to flaunt it.  Reece was a genuinely good person and his sweetness toward Roxy and his other friends really made it impossible for me to not adore him.  

The plot was actually a surprising point for me.  I wasn't prepared for all the subtle creepiness and the mystery surrounding the events that kept happening to Roxy.  I was legitimately freaked out by it at certain parts!  The things that were happening weren't outrightly scary but thinking about that happening to me or anyone I know gives me chills.

Overall, this is a book that kicked this series back into high gear for me.  I'm so happy I didn't let me slight disappointment about the last one keep me from picking Fall With Me up.  Full of romance, humor, and mystery, this is a JLA book you're going to want to pick up.

“Let yourself go and fall with me, and baby, I will catch you. I will get you through this. You just got to take that risk.” 

Five Teapots


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns