Photo found here
I recently saw a really terrific tag on Jazmen's blog, This Girl Reads A Lot, and I knew I needed to do it! So, here is my Reader Problems tag!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR list. How do you decide what to read next?
It depends, honestly. Most of the time, I'll pick whatever my mood tells me to pick. Last time I picked a book from my TBR, I chose it because it was the biggest and I didn't want to have to take it back with me to school!
2. You're halfway through a book and you're just not feeling it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I quit. I spent too much time trying to get through books I didn't like when I first started blogging and it made it feel like a chore. Now, if I'm really not digging a book, I'll stop reading it and move onto something better.
3. The end of the year is coming and you're behind on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I try to catch up but I don't stress over it. I think in 2014 I was only like, 6 or so books behind when the year ended. I'm okay with it. Life gets in the way, no biggie. I did set the bar a little lower for this year though :)
4. The covers of a series don't match. How do you cope?
Complain about it to friends, maybe make a post about it on here, and keep them on the bottom shelf of my bookshelf.
5. Everyone and their mother really loves a book your don't like. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Usually I'll be able to find one other person who doesn't like it. If not, I might complain about it to a friend who has yet to read it.
6. You're reading a book and about to cry in public. How do you deal?
I'm generally pretty good holding in tears when I need to but if I really can't, I'll probably take a break from the book before getting back to it.
7. A sequel of a book you really love has just come out but you don't remember a lot from the prior novel. What do you do?
If it's a book I really love, I'll generally try to reread the prior book or at least read the last chapter. Otherwise, I'll just jump into the new book and hope for the best.
8. You don't want anyone borrowing your books. How do you politely tell them no?
9. Reading ADD: you've picked up and put down 5 books this month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Usually I'll just muscle my way through the books and then, once I'm done, reread a book I know I love or pick up a book I've been looking forward to for a long time.
10. There are so many books coming out that you're dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
All of them even though my wallet is crying.
There you have it! I tag anyone who wants to do this and join in the fun!