Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Freshmen Assemble: Bloggers Taking on College Day 3

Freshmen Assemble is a fun blogger project hosted by Skylar over at Life of a Random and focuses on different bloggers from different places sharing their first experiences as freshmen entering college.


This question and I have a love/hate relationship.  I love talking about what I want to study but a lot of times when I tell people, they judge it or feel the need to point out all the flaws with my plan.  Lucky for me, your guys are all pretty awesome and I think you'll be pretty supportive.  My intended major is English Creative Writing.

  
For the longest time, I had no idea what I wanted to study.  I went back and forth between wanting to be a vet, a teacher, and a bunch of other things I can't even remember right now.  When I discovered my love of reading, it was like I had found my calling.  Here was something I loved doing and was passionate about and I could find a career in the industry.  


Right now I'm undecided as to what exactly I want to do in the publishing industry.  I'm thinking about either being a literary agent or an editor.  Either way, I feel a degree in creative writing will really help me work toward that goal.  And, of course, I want to someday become a published author. College has definitely stolen some of my writing time but I'm still slowly chipping away at it.  


I feel like blogging has really solidified my love of reading and has further proven to me how many different opportunities and positions are available in the publishing industry.  I love my blog and this blogging community.  Seriously, you guys are amazing.  When I first moved into my dorm that first night and I was feeling nervous and scared, I opened up my laptop and dove into the blogging world and it was like coming home.  This is such an immense comfort to me as I'm adjusting to my new life and I don't want to stop doing it, ever.  Of course, it's going to be much more challenging with college happening now but I'm going to make it work.  Weekends are definitely my catch up time as far as blogging goes.  My goal is to write and schedule all posts for the coming week on the Saturday and Sunday before it starts.  Whatever it takes, I'm going to do it because I don't want to stop talking to you guys!


Don't forget to check out Skylar and Sophia's posts today!  They have some awesome things to talk about on this topic and you don't want to miss it!  Leave comments on your thoughts below and make sure you check back tomorrow for the next post!


2 comments:

  1. I am running the Book Blog awards this year and wanted to let you know nominations have been extended and are now open until october 12th. There are 13 awards up for grabs. You may nominate your own blog or ask your readers to nominate you. Readers vote on November 15th.
    Please leave a comment on my blog or tweet me @emancipatedmimi to get the badge to add to your site. You may use it to encourage your readers to vote for your blog on Nov 15th. The awards are intended to be fun and exciting, and get your blog some exposure as well. Hope you will join =) I'm usually on twitter so tweet me anytime with questions or comments =)
    official announcement video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA0Utyx6hMI
    NOMINATE here: http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LJfSPMYlHSND3LZAypVoNak-nt67jeW5UHfjU6_GyHo/viewform
    VOTE HERE on Nov 15: http://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jAz1fJ-30YuNZvijMm0JN6rxj_yhjSU7rVqSIZFlOtI/viewform?edit_requested=true

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started the first week of my sophomore year and I feel like I am cheating on my books with school!
    I know freshman year can be kind of stressful with getting to know people, sharing a room with someone, and living somewhere new, but it is really fun (if you can get past the school aspect). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns