Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Review: Deity

Title:  Deity 
Series:  Covenant #3
Author:  Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published:  November 6th, 2012 by Spencer Hill Press
Source:  Bought
"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "


Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden.

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome.

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed.

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...
My Review:  This book makes me want to send Jennifer L. Armentrout a box of chocolates and a million puppies and Jensen Ackles because it is so good.  You guys.  SO.  GOOD.  Every single time I open up one of these books, I get totally sucked in and fall even harder for the characters and the world.  

Alex and Aiden in this book, man.  Is it possible to ship a couple this hard?  Because I love them together.  Seriously.  I want them to go live off and be happy badasses together.  That would be perfect.  They are such an amazing couple.  Together, they make each other stronger.  They are always able to trust and support the other and I loved that about them.  Even though their relationship does have its rough points, they are always there for each other and it's so refreshing.  Neither of them just gets up and walks away when the going gets tough and I find that so admirable.  There was just one thing messing it up...

Seth.  I want to punch this kid in the face right now.  I trusted him!  I liked him!  I even felt bad for him!  But no more.  I truthfully couldn't tell if he was up to something until about mid book and that's when everything hit the fan.  I was so angry at everything he had done.  I won't tell you what happens but seriously.  Me and Seth have some serious problems right now.    

The action was exciting and fast paced.  All of the fight scenes are so cool to read.  I really feel as though I'm watching a movie play out before me instead of reading words.  Things are so vivid and detailed, it's easy to fall into a scene and feel like you're a part of it.  

Deity was an amazing addition to the series and definitely did the other two books justice.  The action, romance, and plot were addictive - I had trouble putting this book down.  Go read it now if you haven't already!!

Five Cards


P.S. Merry Christmas Eve to all of those who celebrate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns