Thursday, August 1, 2013

Feature & Follow #19

Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

The question this week is...

Q:  What do you do with books you don't like? DNF or powerthrough?

Ugh.  I really hate not finishing books because most of the time I spend my own money on it and it just feels wasteful.  However, I'm a huge believer in reading for my own entertainment and if I spend that reading time trying to finish a book I don't like, then reading turns into more of a chore than a passion.  So I have DNF books.  But most of the time I'll stop reading a book and set it aside for a few weeks before trying to go back to it.  I give each book a fair shot.  

What about you?  What do you do with books you don't like?

Leave links to your F&F posts below and I'll be sure to check out your blog!  I would appreciate it if you would either follow me via GFC or Bloglovin' if you do decide to follow me!

  

7 comments:

  1. If it's a book that I spent money on, then I'll try to read it several different times. Sometimes it's my mood and not actually the book. But when it is really bad, then I'll stick that book into my library donations. Maybe someone will like it.

    old Bloglovin follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand books I don't like.. and the more I read people's posts tonight the more I wonder why I force myself to finish them!!! I love love the theme of your blog. So jealous!

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually DNF unless it's an ARC. Or if I like the characters, otherwise I say goodbye to the sucker.

    New follower, check out my FF at www.myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same! Although it sometimes feels more like a job, I read because I love it, and I don't want to waste my time reading something I know I won't enjoy.

    Happy Friday!
    My FF
    Blogaversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always power through books. :) There might be something better later in the book. I'm an old GFC follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same - I always give books a thorough chance. But I will put it down eventually if it's really not holding interest! :3

    Old follower via GFC! ^.^

    My FF!

    (PS: Just read your bio. I'm also a hater of maths (more like DETESTOR), teen and love rain. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Usually I will give it 50-100 pages but if it hasn't hooked me by then I doubt it will. I'm picky about what I read so only have 1 DNF so far though!

    New follower :)

    Mia Hoddell
    Gift card giveaway

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns