Friday, July 13, 2012

Waiting For Books

Recently, I've been in a bit of a reading slump.

No books I buy seem to be able to hold my attention.  In fact, I have at least ten books on my shelf that I haven't even picked up since I put them there.  It makes me feel really bad because I know that they're interesting.  I've liked the first few books in their series or I've liked something else that that author wrote.  But still, they just sit there.

And I think I know why.

There are so many books that haven't been released yet that I'm dying to get my hands on.  It's almost painful how much I want these books.  They're taking up all my time, even though I don't even have them yet!

Like last night, I was on goodreads, just looking around, when I found myself clicking on Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  Now this is one book that I would do just about anything for.  Anyways, I was just going to double check when it's release date is (August 14th for those who are wondering) when I found myself scrolling down to read a couple of reviews.  But then a couple of reviews turned into four or five.

Then eight or nine.

Then twelve.

Until I had read every single review for that book.  


And after that, I only felt more depressed that I didn't have that book.  And then I went to reread the first book in the series, Obsidian.

I think I'm going crazy more crazy than I originally thought.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Or am I the only one?  What are some of the books that are distracting you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns