Sunday, June 17, 2012

Review: What A Boy Wants

Title:  What A Boy Wants
Series:  N/A
Author:  Nyrae Dawn
Pages:  119
Format:  eBook


Summary:  Courtesy of watching his mom’s relationships, Sebastian Hawkins knows what girls need to do to get a guy. He has what he considers a PHD in hooking up. When he needs extra cash for a car, Sebastian starts up an online venture as The Hook-up Doctor, to anonymously help girls land the guy of their dreams. Of course, his services don’t offer a happily-ever-after guarantee. He’s seen firsthand getting together never means staying together. 
And then he falls in love… 
With the last girl he would expect…
Totally not in his game plan. 
Suddenly, Sebastian finds himself muddled in the game he’s always prided himself on. He can’t even pick up girls at parties anymore! Why would anyone want to be in love when it turns you into a stuttering, screwed-up, mess with really lame stalker tendencies? Stalking? Totally not his gig. 
But the Hook-up Doctor won’t let himself go down easily. He’s always known how to give a girl what she wants and now it’s time to figure out what a boy wants… and he definitely plans on getting it.


My Review:  I've heard so much about this book, all of it good!  I was a little nervous that with all the great hype, it wouldn't live up to my expectations.  

But, I'm happy to say, it was just as amazing as everyone has been saying it is!  

Everything about it was great.  I especially liked the characters.  They were all so interesting and relatable.  I could definitely put myself in their shoes because, as a teenager myself, I've gone through a lot of what they're going through.  

Sebastian was really sweet but with that hard outer shell that seems to cause a lot of problems.  I liked seeing that shell crack and him finally open up to the people around him whom he loved.  He was just so adorable.  

Besides the characters, the plot was also really nice.  I didn't feel like it was too fast paced and it didn't drag on.  It had enough action to keep me interested but not so much that my head was spinning.  This is one of the books I can just sit down and enjoy.  It was a refreshing change.  

My only real problem with this book was the formatting on my nook.  When I first began reading it, it was fine but a couple chapters in, the last few words in the paragraphs got cut off.  It went on like that for about a chapter before it was back to normal but it was annoying and an inconvenience to have to guess what was written.  

Still, I really enjoyed WHAT A BOY WANTS and cannot wait to begin  Nyrae Dawn's next book, WHAT A BOY NEEDS.          

Four Feathers



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns