Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Review: Jock Row

Title: Jock Row 
Series: Jock Row #1 
Author: Sara Ney 
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Contemporary 
Publisher: Self-published 
Publication Date: May 3, 2018 
Source: Bought

Scarlett is always the sensible one: The sober driver. The planner. The one holding your hair back while you're worshiping the porcelain gods.
Week-after-week, she visits Jock Row with her friends—the university's hottest party scene and breeding ground for student athletes. And if keeping her friends out of trouble, and guys out of their pants, was a sport, she'd be the star athlete.
Being a well known jock-blocker gets her noticed for all the wrong reasons; just like that, she's banned from Jock Row. NO GUY WANTS A GIRL AROUND WHO KEEPS THEIR JOCK FRIENDS FROM GETTING LAID.
"Rowdy" Wade is the hot shot short-stop for the university's baseball team—and the unlucky bastard who drew the short straw: keep little Miss Goody Two-Shoes out of the Baseball House.
But week-after-week Scarlett returns, determined to get inside.


Talk about a refreshing read! Jock Row was exactly what I needed. I had been in a bit of a reading slump when I picked it up and I was instantly sucked into this story (much to my relief)! Honestly, reading this book felt like a breath of fresh air. I'm so used to unnecessary and often-times frustrating drama and angst in contemporary reads but this one had none of that! It was a sweet, fun, and relaxing book to sit down with and made me excited to see what else I can read by this author!

The characters in this were both so sweet and so caring and so mature. It was a lovely change to have two characters who weren't constantly causing problems with each other because they didn't communicate well or they jumped to conclusions. Both Scarlett and Rowdy were very honest with each other and clearly devoted to staying with each other once they had moved from being just friends to being more. Seeing a couple who actually had a healthy relationship was amazing. 

Scarlett and Rowdy also had a sloooooow burn romance. And I loved it. Their relationship took its time developing from strangers to friends to more. It was lovely to witness and gave me all sorts of fluttery, happy feels. Everything felt so much more gratifying once they got together. 

Jock Row was an amazing, refreshing read. This is one of the best romances I've read this year -- I loved the lack of unnecessary drama and the maturity and openness of the two leads. While I haven't read anything else by Sara Ney, I definitely plan to check out her other works!

“What the hell could he possibly want?
And why is he so damn handsome?” 

Five out of Five Teapots


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns