Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #130

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights highly anticipated upcoming releases.

Title: Two Weeks Notice 
Author: Whitney G. 
Genre: Adult, Romance, Contemporary 
Publisher: Self-published
Publication Date: July 20, 2018 

To Whom It May Concern:
I am writing this letter to formally announce my resignation from Parker International (& the arrogant, condescending CEO) effective two weeks from today.
This was a VERY EASY decision to make, as the past two years have been utterly miserable. I wish his next executive assistant all the luck in the world (she'll need it) and if my boss should need me to do anything over the next two weeks, kindly tell him that he can do it [his] goddamn self...
Sincerely (Not Really),Tara Lauren
That’s the version of my two weeks’ notice I should’ve sent to my boss, because the more professional version—the one where I said I was "grateful for all the opportunities," and "honored by all the rewarding experiences" over the years?
That letter was rejected with his sexy, trademark smirk and an “I highly suggest you read the fine print of your contract...”
So, I did.
And now I've realized that unless I fake my death, poison him, or find a way to renegotiate my impossible contract, I’m stuck working under one of the cockiest and most ruthless bosses in New York.
Then again, I thought that was the case until he called me late last night with an emergency proposition... 


Why I'm waiting on Two Weeks Notice this Wednesday: I've read a few books by Whitney G. before and have always had a pretty good time with them! I'm especially excited for this on before I'm a total sucker for the enemies to lovers trope AND I'm a total sucker for office romances. Best of both worlds here!

Have you ever read anything from Whitney G? Which one is your favorite? I'm seriously such a sucker for these tropes so I'm really hoping this one lives up to my expectations. It's supposed to release in two days and I'm happy I won't have to wait too long to read it and find out! 

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns