Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish in which we share out top ten lists relating to the bookish topic assigned that week.

This week's topic is...

Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist!

1. Strong Female Friendships!  
I love reading about girls supporting girls and just in general being awesome toward each other.  I'm so tired of seeing girls constantly fighting each other or in competition.  Some of my favorite girl friendships are in Sarah J. Maas and Leigh Bardugo's series! 

2. Sibling Relationships! 
I love siblings in books!  Especially after reading the To All the Boys I've Loved Before series, I'm in desperate need for more awesome sibling relationships!

3. Parents!
Parents always seem to be lacking in YA lit and they are so important in teen lives!  I love reading books with dynamic and interesting parents.  One I read recently was The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson!

4. Unreliable Narrators 
I love me some good unreliable narrators!  They add a layer to the story that I find totally addicting -- I love not knowing whether I can trust a character or not. 

5. Average Characters 
And I mean actually average, not the character who say they're totally average and then have all of their friends and families tell them how amazing and model-gorgeous they are. 

6. Settings outside of the US!
I love travel and want to go all around the world.  Not super realistic at the moment but books could do some of the work for me.  I need more settings outside the US!

7. Enemies to Loves! 
I'm still on a book hangover after reading The Hating Game, the most perfect enemies-to-lovers novel ever written (at least, that's what it feels like right now)!

8. Diversity! 
I love that we've started to see more diversity in YA lit but we still need more!  I'm so excited to see what diverse reads come out in the coming years! 

These are all the things I can think of that I'd like to see more of in books right now!  I know, not 10 but it's my list.  Is there anything on it that you'd like to see more of? Let me know in the comments below and leave a link to your post!

8 comments:

  1. Great list, would especially love to see more of 1 & 2.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/09/top-ten-tuesday-106/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're definitely in agreement!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Ahh yes to all of these! And I have recs if you want some... ;) Good family dynamics - Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta. Female friendships - Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnston, The DUFF by Kody Keplinger, Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard... also Melina Marchetta... ooh as for an unreliable narrator, The Spectacular Now has a VERY unreliable narrator, it's so intriguing. I could go on! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I will take all the recs, please and thank you! There's a lot on that list I haven't read yet so I'll definitely be checking them out. Thanks so much!

      Hope you're having a good week!

      Delete
  3. Oh, Ann and Leslie is one of my favorite female duos. I'd love to see more female friends in books. Unreliable narrators are always fun. I'd definitely pick up more of those. Great list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just love how positive and supportive they are to each other! I'm definitely in need of a Parks and Rec rewatch.

      Thanks for stopping by, Alicia!

      Delete
  4. Yup. Yup yup yup! I'll take them all, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad we're in agreement :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns