Friday, December 23, 2016

All I Want For Christmas 2016


It's that time of year again, guys: holiday time!  I love this time of year.  Not only do I get to go back home to visit family, there's tons of yummy food, cozy holiday lights and decorations, and some extra time to sit back and read!  Because of this, I always end up needing more and more books to so a large portion of my holiday Christmas list is books!  I have quite a few on my list this year so I wanted to share them with you guys!

1.  Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte 
I have never read anything by Emily Bronte.  In fact, I haven't read a whole lot of classics.  One of my goals for 2017 is to expand my reading a bit more and include some older novels.  I've always been interested in reading Withering Heights and I've heard it's a great book so I'm giving it a chance!

2.  Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer
I've never read another book by Jodi Picoult but I recently got Off the Page, the second book in this series, not realizing that there was a book before it (whoops).  I really wanted to read that one so now I am patiently waiting until Christmas when I will (hopefully) be gifted this book to read!

3.  The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I know, I know.  How have I not read this book yet?  Honestly, I have no idea.  But I'm excited to hopefully get it for Christmas!  I've heard amazing things about it so I really want to give it a chance.

4.  Amy & Rodger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
This is one that I think I maybe kinda have a vague recollection of reading years and years ago but I'm not 100% sure and really want to read it so I've added it to the list!  I enjoy Morgan Matson's books so much so I'm looking forward to this one, definitely.

5.  Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
I actually heard about this one while in the YA Literature class I took this last quarter.  My professor so really interested in it and it sounds amazing to me so I can't wait to see how it goes.  

6.  Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay
I'm starting to realize that a lot of the books on my list are from a couple of years ago . . . oh well.  But yeah, this one sounds awesome!  I honestly don't remember hearing much about it around the time it released but I'm a sucker for retellings and this one is supposedly like Game of Thrones??  So yeah, I'm in.

7.  Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers 
So, another one I vaguely remember reading but I have no idea where my copy is and I really want to read the next books in the series but need to reread this one first.  So I'm hoping I get a copy of this one for Christmas!

8.  The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
I've been on a contemporary kick lately and NA books are my guilty pleasure so of course I had to have one on my last!  Very excited to get this one and can't wait to read it!

Those are all the books on my Christmas list this year!  I really am looking forward to hopefully getting a couple of them.  What books are you guys asking for this holiday season? 

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, Ashtyn. Princess of Thorns, Wolf by Wolf, and Grave Mercy are GREAT choices. I loved Grave Mercy! That whole series is awesome. I hope you get the chance to read/obtain these!

    Happy holidays. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad to hear that! I'm really excited for Grave Mercy, especially so I'm happy to hear you liked it so much!

      Happy holidays to you, too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns