Monday, September 26, 2016

Life Update!

Sooo, wow.  Okay, a lot of stuff has been going down with me lately!  Stuff that's going to (positively) impact the blog so I thought it would be good to share it with all of you, my wonderful readers!

It's been incredibly frustrating and sad for me to see myself being pulled away from Wonderland's Reader.  This blog is one of my absolute favorite things and I know I haven't been posting very consistently on here (or responding to comments and visiting other blogs.  I'm so sorry, guys!).  While I'm not trying to make up excuses, the reason I haven't been as active is because 1) I was working, 2) I moved to a new house, and 3) I started my third year of college!  


I'm really proud and happy about all of these things but it was painful to have all of my time taken up.  I found myself just too exhausted (both physically and mentally), to put any time or effort into reading, blogging, or writing.  And when you don't have time in your life to pursue what you're passionate about, I think that's really sad.  I was living and learning and getting things done but I wasn't able to enjoy the things I hold most important.  Life was just becoming a bit too much. 

 So, I knew I had to make a change.  My ultimate goal is to be able to graduate college and find a position in the publishing industry.  I want to be able to do something that I will love and look forward to doing.  In my mind, running this blog and taking the time to read and be social in this community is an important part of achieving that goal.  Even though I was being productive and going to school and working, what I was doing wasn't aligning with that ultimate goal.  So, I decided that it was time to step down from my job so I could better focus on school and Wonderland's Reader.  

While I'm going to miss working a bit, I think I'm going to be much happier with more free time to post on the blog and read.  I plan on creating and sticking to a strict schedule and post consistently.  I'm excited to jump head first back into blogging, with it being a much bigger priority and time investment.  I'm excited about all these changes guys!  And I look forward to hanging out here more :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns