Monday, January 12, 2015

Tea Party Talk: No Time For Reading


Recenly I've been having a hard time finding time.  Time to read, that is. 


I'm sure this is a problem many of you have had to deal with before.  And if so, you know my pain.  Normally, I'm able to go through books like that *insert snap*.  Seriously, I can read a 350+ page book in a day if I have the time.  But since entering college, I've found it hard to read even five pages a day.  With all my homework and social stuff, I just can't read like I normally would.


With all this non-existent extra time on my hands, I've been having to make my weekends reading and blogging days.  While they aren't in any terms slow or lazy days, it's easiest to find time on Saturdays and Sundays to read for a couple hours and crank out that week's blog posts.  But still, even  with that schedule, I've been having trouble keeping up consistently postings and everything.

So....


I figure you guys would be able to help me!  Seeing as you all read, you're my best bet!  What sort of tips do you have to find more time to read and blog?  What do you do you to get through a book and write a post when you're super busy?  Do you make a schedule?  Use a Time Turner?  Just never sleep...ever?

Please, tell me how you find the time to read and blog!  I need all the help I can get :) 


4 comments:

  1. I generally choose the never sleep - ever option. I find myself staying up until all hours of the night "catching up" on my reading. I don't know that I recommend this option, though!! :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what I'm going to start doing, too. Oh well, who needs sleep when there are books to be read and coffee to drink? :)

      Delete
  2. It's been a while since we've talked! How's college and writing?! Obviously the reading is down. I know what you mean about lacking time D:
    I don't even recall the last book I read. That's how bad it is for me. So even though I keep telling myself that I'll get back into reading/reviewing... I haven't read anything... how can I blog about books if I haven't read anything?...
    I guess my only advice would be to have filler posts? Talk about older series/books that you loved or hated. Talk about movies or songs? I used to do this thing where I had a song I loved and I'd talk about what it meant to me or something. Sorry if the ideas are lame, aha! GOOD LUCK and do drink tons of coffee (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been!! College is great but writing has taken a back burner, just like reading has. I'm sorry to hear you're having similar difficulties :( It's seriously no fun at all. Filler posts are what I live on now a days when I can hardly read enough for even one review a week. Oh well. That's what weekends are for!

      Thanks for stopping by! We'll have to catch up more soon!!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns