|Image found here|
So, I saw this post over at Jazmen's blog and knew I needed to do it! It sounded like so much fun and the questions are awesome so here I am! Following Jazmen's lead, I'm tagging everyone! Do the test yourself and leave a link in the comments so I can see your answers!
1. What are your top three book pet peeves/hates?
Please, for the love of all things books, stop this now. I'm so tired of "OMG, he's so cute, I love him!" No, stop. You do not love him. You are attracted to him. Insta Attraction is fine and realistic. But you cannot tell me that you love that person after having just laid eyes on them.
Whiney main characters
If you are so upset with something, do something about it. Seriously. I hate it when characters just sit there crying and moaning about their problems and refuse to take the obvious action required to fix it.
Characters Assuming the Worst of Their Significant Others
Nothing frustrates me more than when a main character is told some little piece of information about their boyfriend/girlfriend and they immediately assume the worst possible thing without even asking their love interest and talking about it. Like, oh, I'm sorry, weren't you just swearing you loved them and telling them how much you trust them five pages ago? Yes?
2. Describe your perfect reading spot.
Outside on this little swinging chair I saw at Pier 1 Imports with an umbrella for shade next to my pool and a yummy cup of cold fruity tea. Specific? Yeah, I know. But I want it to happen so bad. Unfortunately, that chair is sort of expensive.
3. Tell us three bookish confessions.
1. I really actually disliked The 5th Wave. I didn't even finish it.
2. I have never read a book by Sarah Dessen.
3. When I first read the first Harry Potter book, I wasn't interested in reading the second one so I didn't pick the series back up for about 2 years.
4. When was the last time you cried while reading?
I cry at the drop of a hat, honestly. It doesn't take much for me to tear up, especially while reading. However, the last time I cried over a book was at the end of City of Heavenly Fire. Oh man, that book punched me right in the feels.
5. How many books are on your bedside table?
Zero right now. Wow, that's sad. But understandable because I just came back from vacation and brought all the books with me. They are currently still in my backpack. Three of them, by the way!
6. What's your favorite snack while reading?
I love snacking on frozen grapes! They are actually my favorite snack no matter what.
7. Show us your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase.
These are my favorite shelves. I like the set up of the bottom the best but I have more of my favorite books on the top one.
8. Write how much books mean to you in three words
Imagination. Knowledge. Magic.
9. What's your biggest reading secret?
I hoard books. I don't like giving them away or donating them to libraries. I don't even really like loaning them to friends. But yeah, I usually never give books away. I even have a huge drawer full of books that I won't read again but I still hold onto them.
Okay, well, there you have it! Make sure to link me to your tests or just answer the questions in the comments below!