Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Review: Fall From Grace

Title:  Fall From Grace
Series:  Mad World #1
Author:  Christine Zolendz
Published:  July 22, 2012 by DarkRoadDesigns
Source:  Bought
I'm finally home after struggling through my brother's illness and death. But, home is definitely a bit different. My best friend (the only person alive now that knows my secret) has a new boyfriend; and he has a friend. Shane Maxton: bad boy, tattooed rock god, eye candy extraordinaire. He is also New York City's most arrogant, self-serving, son of a, well, a definite one-night stand kind of a guy.

But, it doesn't matter to me because I've spent my existence looking for the love of my life, my angel. And, there is nothing that Shane Maxton can do to change that.

A paranormal romance.
My Review (mild spoilers):  I had high hopes going into this one because there was a huge amount of five star review of it on goodreads.  It sounded like it had an interesting premise and people we obviously loving it.  Unfortunately, I did not feel the same. 

 The first problem I had with this book was the confusion.  For a good half of this book, I had no idea what was going on.  I knew what was happening but I didn't know why it was happening.  I knew it had something to do with Grace's extraordinarily long past but we were kept in the dark for a long time as to why it was significant to what Grace was doing and what, exactly, Grace was.  It was annoying to be kept confused about this aspect of the book.  I felt it was needed for us to know exactly what was going on before just being thrust onto the Team Grace Train.  I just couldn't get behind her because I didn't know exactly why we were working toward what we were.  

Also, I just really did not like the characters at all.  It all felt very much like a soap opera to me.  Everything was over dramatized and the characters were all way too sensitive.  Plus, Grace was just plain stupid.  I'm sorry to say that but really.  For however long she's supposedly been alive, it seems like she hasn't learned anything.  *Upcoming Spoilers*  I mean, the entire time she had been looking for a pair of blue eyes and Shane had blue eyes and for some reason, she decided to completely ignore that fact.  Instead, she pushed him away until the next dude came along with another pair of blue eyes and she completely fell for him without another thought.  I MEAN, REALLY.  *End of Spoilers*  I just don't understand her logic in some of the situations she was put in.  

The other characters were either bland or irritating.  Except for Shane.  I didn't mind him too much until he started acting all sensitive and butt hurt over nothing.  Dude, yes she is going to call you out on being a playboy.  You are a playboy.  Don't go running off crying when she points that out and doesn't want to get with you because of it.  

I was sad that the paranormal aspect wasn't brought into this book until the very end because that was actually pretty interesting.  It was a unique take of the whole angel thing and this book would have been a lot better in my eyes had we seen more of it.  I doubt I'll pick up the next book in this series but hey, you never know.  I am a little curious to see how this all pans out. 

Two Cards




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns