Thursday, June 20, 2013

Feature & Follow (16)

Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This question this week is:
 
Q:  Share your favorite literary quote!
 
"That is part of the beauty of all literature.  You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you're not lonely and isolated from anyone.  You belong."
- F. Scott Fitsgerald
 
This quote just really hits home for me.  It's something I can appreciate and relate to.  Reading opened up a whole new world for me full of people who liked the same things I did, felt some of the same things I did, and dreamed some of the same things I did.  It was comforting to know I wasn't alone in what I wanted!
 
What is your favorite literary quote? 
 
Be sure to leave your answer in the comments below, along with a link to your blog! I'll be sure to check them out!  



 

5 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I really need to read more of Fitzgerald. I've only read Great Gatsby in school long ago.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great quotes! New GFC follower;)

    My FF:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/feature-and-follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a powerful quote! New bloglovin follower.

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quote, and I really like your blog header too. Seeing some great ones around on my travels.

    New Follower!

    My Feature and Follow

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to your quote totally. I couldn't imagine my life without books. :)

    Old GFC follower, new Bloglovin follower :D

    My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns