Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Review: Clockwork Princess

Title:  Clockwork Princess
Series:  The Infernal Devices
Author:  Cassandra Clare
Publisher:  Margaret K. McElderry Books
Pages:  568
Format:  Hardcover
Source:  Bought


Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.
My Review:  So.  Many.  Tears.  So many tears were shed while I read this book.  It's always painful when ending a series but turning the last page in this one hurt so badly.  I love all of these characters so much and enjoy every single moment I have with them.  To know that I won't get another chance to experience more adventures with them is so sad.  

Even with all of the pain, I really loved this book so much.  I think this was the best in the series.  So much was discovered and all the loose ends were tied up.  It was so satisfying to finally have everything laid out.  All of these questions that we've been trying to figure out since the very first book were answered and wrapped up into neat little packages.  I was amazed at how well everything came together.  It's impressive that Cassandra Clare didn't let anything slip between her fingers.  

I loved all the characters, even the ones that may not be considered "main characters".  They all held their own throughout the book and had their own strong personalities.  They complimented each other so well and I thought they made a wonderful team.  Of course, I adored Will, Tessa, and Jem.  I thought it was beautiful seeing their relationship more in depth, especially Will and Jem's.  The parabati bond was so strong and amazing and I just really loved seeing more of them together.  And the way the three of them worked past what was going on between them and how that relationship came together made me so happy!  I was happy dancing and squealing and everyone was looking at me weird but I didn't even care.  

Everything ended exactly how I wanted it to, even though the epilogue was a huge twist.  I hadn't expected that to happen and while I was a little unsure of it at first, I feel like that's really the only way things could have gone.  It was amazing and painful and an experience I don't regret in the slightest.  This book was an awesome end to an awesome series.  If you have yet to pick it up, I don't know what you're thinking.  You won't regret it!

Five Cards


 

1 comment:

  1. Although I loved this book, I felt kind of cheated by the ending. I don't know how to explain it without spoilers, but I felt like he almost took the easy way out. Still loved every moment though.

    Samantha @ Reading-AndCoffee

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns