Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Booker Award



Hey everyone! 

So, guess what!  Yup, that's right; I was tagged for the Booker Award by the lovely Amy Zhang!  Check out her blog here.  Seriously, she's one talented chick!  I have no doubt I'm going to walk into a book store someday and purchase her novel! 

Anyway, the Booker Award is an award passed to different book bloggers here on the interweb.  Here are some of the rules:

  1. This award is for book bloggers only. To receive this award the blog must be at least 50% about books (reading or writing is okay).
  2. Along with receiving this award, you must also share your top five favorite books you have ever read (more than five is okay).
  3. You must give this award to 5-10 other lucky book blogs you adore
Sounds fun, right?  But rather than do my top five favorite books, I'm going to do my top seven favorite series!  Well, let's get this started!

My Top Seven Favorite Series (in no particular order):

  1. The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa.  These books are so great.  They kept me completely enraptured throughout the entire series.  It has everything I look for in a book: romance, action, a good writing style, an exciting plot, and interesting characters.  I'm so excited that the series is going to be continued through the point of view of Meghan's little brother, Ethan. 
  2. The Gone Series by Michael Grant.  Again, these books are absolutely amazing.  They are a bit different though and really stand out in the YA genre, to me at least.  I have never read anything like them and that makes them all the more exciting.  The last book is coming out next year.  I'm sad to see the series end. 
  3. The Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon.  I adore everything about this series.  Seriously, these books are just flipping fanastic.  Go read them.  Immediately. 
  4. The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan.  If you haven't heard of these books or read them, you really need to!  They are so fun and action packed!  And, again, a really unique idea in the YA genre! 
  5. The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare.  Action, adventure, mystery, and a super hot, sarcastic demon hunter?  What more do you need?
  6. The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  This series was a real surprise for me.  I hadn't heard much about it when I started reading the first book but it quickly became one of my all time favorites (obviously).  I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading it!
  7. The Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins.  I'd been so looking forward to getting my hands on the first book of this series.  I was a little afraid that I was hyping it up too much in my mind and that, once I sat down to read it, it would disappoint me.  But I shouldn't have doubted its awesomeness.  This series is awesome, amazing, wonderful.  Go buy it! 
Five Book Blogs I love:

  1. Shortie Says
  2. Tater's Tall Tails
  3. Shattered Memories
  4. Johanna: A Damsel in Book-Stress
  5. Olivia's Opinions
So, go check out all those amazing blogs!



1 comment:

  1. You are SO sweet to pick me :) Thank you so much! I never really participate in things like these but just may have to! :)

    You picked amazing series as well!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns