Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Balancing Act & Loving Life


Since starting my blog in June, I have been introduced to so many amazing people and things that I never would have known existed.

I've met a lot of really nice people in this online reading/writing/blogging community that I've just barely entered.  I'm so amazed and grateful that everyone has been so welcoming and nice.  I really had no idea how much making this blog would change my life.  I hadn't even known much about anything in the book world before starting this.  I loved reading and I loved writing and when I came across a book blog I thought, "Huh, that looks like fun."  So I tried it out.

And I'm so happy I did.  

Even though I'm still a new blogger, I've learned a lot of new stuff already.  And not only have I learned some new things, I've had a chance to connect with some really spectacular people.  It's so completely fascinating to me that all of these people love the same things I do.  In "real life", none of my friends are interested in reading and writing like I am.  It's so cool to be able to talk and rant and squeal about all of my favorite books to people who also like to talk and rant and squeal about their favorite books.  

But I've also realized that this whole blogging thing is as much hard work as it is fun.  And, with all hard work, comes the need to balance what you have to do and what you want to do.

As a student in high school, I've had to give up a lot of time doing things I really want to do so I can have time to blog.  But, along with blogging, I need to make time for school work, sports, researching colleges, reading so I can write reviews, and also working on the novel I'm writing.

I enjoy all of it (well, except the school work part) but I don't have enough time to do all of it.  I've had to give up some writing time and sports time.

It's all about prioritizing.  There's some things that I absolutely have to get done and there are others that can wait a few hours or days.  Blogging is in the middle of that prioritized list of things to do.  School work comes before it, obviously.  But things like sports and writing that aren't an absolute necessity go more toward the bottom of the list.  

Still, I absolutely love my life right now.  It's amazing, even though I'm so extremely busy.

So what about you?  How do you balance all your time between the things you have to do?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns