Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Review: Obsidian


Title:  Obsidian
Series:  Lux #1
Author:  Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher:  Entangled Teen
Pages:  299
Format:  eBook


Summary:  Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 
If I don't kill him first, that is.  

My Review:  This was my second time reading this book and I have fallen in love with it all over again.  Everything about this book is so fantastically awesome that the only way to really get the full effect would be to go out and buy it yourself.  

But, as I cannot force you to do that, I'll just have to stick to trying to convince you to get it!

First and foremost, I love the main character, Katy's, voice throughout the book.  It's so full of humor and sarcasm that it really pulls the entire story together.  And the dialogue between all the characters, especially Katy and Daemon, is awesome.  I was seriously laughing out loud at parts.  

And Daemon, oh Daemon.  I think he is one of my favorite heroes in all of YA literature.  He just has so much depth to him and has so much going on in his life and yet he doesn't get too dramatic about it.  He doesn't sit back and let things happen, he butts in and beats up whatever or whoever is messing with him or his family.  

Katy was also a really amazing character.  She was strong and stood up for herself, even when she knew it might kill her.  She was so brave and didn't let Daemon mess with her, like other YA heroines do.  Plus, she loves books and has her own blog - how awesome is that?  

The plot and the over all ideas of the story made so much sense and all clicked together very well.  Plus the romance in this book was drool worthy.  Daemon and Katy have to much pent up tension and chemistry, that even my heart was racing.

Five Feathers




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns