Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #106

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine which spotlights highly anticipated upcoming releases.


Title: The Cruel Prince 
Series: The Folk of Air #1 
Author: Holly Black 
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy 
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers 
Publication Date: January 2, 2017 

Of course I want to be like them. They’re beautiful as blades forged in some divine fire. They will live forever.
And Cardan is even more beautiful than the rest. I hate him more than all the others. I hate him so much that sometimes when I look at him, I can hardly breathe.
Jude was seven years old when her parents were murdered and she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie. Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, despite her mortality. But many of the fey despise humans. Especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King.
To win a place at the Court, she must defy him–and face the consequences.
In doing so, she becomes embroiled in palace intrigues and deceptions, discovering her own capacity for bloodshed. But as civil war threatens to drown the Courts of Faerie in violence, Jude will need to risk her life in a dangerous alliance to save her sisters, and Faerie itself.

Find The Cruel Prince online 

Why I'm waiting on The Cruel Prince this Wednesday: I haven't had much success with Holly Black's books in the past; I just never fall into them the way that I want to.  But I can't resist this book.  I have a thing for faeries, especially ones that are more cut-throat and mischievous.  So, obviously, this one is right up my alley.  I really hope I love this one like I want to. 

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?  Have you liked Holly Black's books in the past?  Which is your favorite? Are you excited for this one, too?  Leave a comment below with a link to your post and I'll be sure to check it out! 

4 comments:

  1. I know many people are really excited about this new fae book by Black! I've not read anything by her in a looooooong time. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fantastic weekend, Ashtyn. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alyssa! It definitely looks like a good one and I'm hoping it'll hold my interest more than her previous books!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love this pick! I am sooooooo excited for this one too. It sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does!! I really can't wait!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns