Thursday, May 11, 2017

Review: P.S. I Still Love You

Title: P.S. I Still Love You 
Series: To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2 
Author: Jenny Han 
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary 
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: May 26, 2015
Source: Bought 

Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?
In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing. 



Find P.S. I Still Love You online!
Okay, I know I'm totally behind the curve with this series and the third book just came out and I'm only now just reviewing the second book.  But I got to this series late because I -- for some reason I can't quite comprehend -- was avoiding reading it.  This series is my favorite feel good series EVER.  I read it and my heart is immediately made up of rainbows and frosting.  It's just so great and this book doubled down on the greatness of the first book!

 Like I already said, this book was the cutest.  I just absolutely adore reading about Lara Jean and her life and family.  It all is just so comforting and wonderful.  Reading this book was like finding a soft blanket and curling up with a mug of hot chocolate.  I especially loved reading about Lara Jean's relationship with Peter.  They are just so sweet together.  I appreciated how their relationship was built on a foundation of friendship and it was a lot of fun learning more about their previous years as just friends in this story.  I will say, though, I got really frustrated with Peter at some points.  It felt like he was being unnecessarily mysterious about certain things and, while I respect why he was doing it, I felt like he could have been a little more clear with Lara Jean. 

It was also really interesting seeing the other people from Lara Jean's old friend group play a role in this novel.  We got to see a lot more of these characters and meet a few new ones and I had so much fun learning about them.  There was obviously a bit of drama involved in all of this and I felt like it added the perfect amount of tension to keep my glued to the page! 

My favorite part of this book is definitely the relationship Lara Jean has with her family.  I loved reading about her and her sisters in this -- I feel like we got an even better sense of how much they cared about each other in this book.  Even when things were crazy and everything was tension-filled between them, it was clear they would go to the mat to defend each other.  

I loved the way this book ended but I'm still SO EXCITED that the third book has come out (what a wonderful surprise!).  It's already sitting on my shelf, begging me to read it.  As soon as things begin to settle down with school, I'm going to be jumping right into it.  

“I know now that I don’t want to love or be loved in half measures. I want it all, and to have it all, you have to risk it all.”

   Four Teapots



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns