Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Review: Broken Prince

Title:  Broken Prince
Series:  The Royals #2
Author:  Erin Watt
Genre:  Contemporary, Romance, New Adult
Publisher:  Everafter Romance
Publication Date:  July 25, 2016
Source:  Bought

These Royals will ruin you…
From wharf fights and school brawls to crumbling lives inside glittery mansions, one guy tries to save himself.
Reed Royal has it all—looks, status, money. The girls at his elite prep school line up to date him, the guys want to be him, but Reed never gave a damn about anyone but his family until Ella Harper walked into his life.
What started off as burning resentment and the need to make his father’s new ward suffer turned into something else entirely—keep Ella close. Keep Ella safe. But when one foolish mistake drives her out of Reed’s arms and brings chaos to the Royal household, Reed’s entire world begins to fall apart around him.
Ella doesn’t want him anymore. She says they’ll only destroy each other.
She might be right.
Secrets. Betrayal. Enemies. It’s like nothing Reed has ever dealt with before, and if he’s going to win back his princess, he’ll need to prove himself Royally worthy.

Find Broken Prince online

These books are the equivalent of watching a soap opera to me.  They're full of drama, angst, and some pretty unbelievable scenarios.  Oh, and cliff hangers.  Terrible, terrible cliff hangers that make it impossible not to want the next book.  Seriously, reading this book was addictive and the moment I turned the last page, I was desperate to get my hands on the next one in the series!

 Okay, as much as I enjoyed reading this book, I've got to say that I find the majority of the things that happened in it to be totally unrealistic.  I just . . . I couldn't figure out why they did the things that they did, especially the love interest, Reed.  This kid just had absolutely no sense of what he should or shouldn't do.  It pissed me off how he always had an explanation to the things he did.  They were such bad excuses.  I didn't see how Ella was able to forgive him.  I mean, maybe it's just me but I was definitely wanting Ella to be mad at Reed for a longer time.  I don't know, maybe I just don't really sympathize with what he did.  


Now, don't get me wrong, when he wasn't giving his excuses and explanations, Reed was pretty awesome.  I mean, he's hot, protective, and obviously cares a lot about Ella.  He was pretty swoon worthy at times.  And I really enjoyed seeing from his perspective.  You could feel how concerned he was for Ella.  Their relationship, while not always the healthiest, was really entertaining and full of a lot of strong feelings on both sides.  

At the end of this book I was absolutely wrecked.  I thought the cliff hanger at the end Paper Princess was bad . . . this one was so much worse!  I can't believe we have to wait to figure out what happens next.  Seriously.  I.  Can't.  Wait.

“She’s mine and always has been. From before we even met, she was mine and I was hers. I fought it too long, but I’m giving in now. I’m all in now.”  

Four Teapots


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns