Monday, July 11, 2016

Adventures in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter


YOU GUYS, IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED.  AFTER YEARS AND YEARS OF WAITING (yo, still waiting on that Hogwarts letter though) I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO VISIT THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER AND IT WAS MAGICAL (lol).

But for real though, I didn't think I'd be able to experience the world of Harry Potter unless I traveled across country to Florida.  Imagine my excitement when Universal Studios announced they were in the process of creating a Harry Potter world right in my home state of California!  I was given the chance to finally visit when my birthday rolled around and I decided to go there to celebrate.

Knowing that there's a lot Harry Potter lovers out there, I figured it'd be fun to share my experience and a little slice of this magical world with all of you!

When we first arrived, we entered Hogsmead through an incredible archway and were immediately met with the Hogwarts' express train in the station!


It was an awesome way to enter the world.  The entire park was filled with people just as enthusiastic about magic and Harry Potter.  It was an awesome atmosphere to be in.  

Immediately after entering, we decided to take a trip to the Three Broomsticks for an awesome feast. Since it was my family and myself, we decided to get the meal that was literally called "The Great Feast", which conveniently feeds four people.  And, of course, I couldn't go to the Three Broomsticks and not try the famous Butterbeer! 


I've actually heard that Butterbeet is kinda gross so I asked one of the people working there if it was good and she suggested trying frozen butterbeer which, she claimed, was pretty great.  So, I took her word for it and it turned out to be awesome!  Super sweet and not exactly how I imagined it in the books, but still really yummy.  And perfect for the warm day.  Plus, I got to keep the cup which was cool. 

After eating at the Three Broomsticks, we got the chance to walk around and explore all the shops that I've read about in the books and have seen in the movies.

 

 

 
 
My personal favorite shop was Honeyduke's!  And it may or may not be because I got chocolate from it.


This was an amazing store and so full of all the treats we've all read about in the books.  There were Pumpkin Pasties, Chocolate Cauldrons, Cauldron Cakes, Every Flavor Jelly Beans, Fudge Flies, Pumpkin Juice, and, of course, Chocolate Frogs!

 

The frogs were delicious and I actually got the Helga Hufflepuff card in my chocolate frog but my brother got Albus Dumbledore and I couldn't resist the trade.  I also got a Pumpkin Juice and that was interesting to say the least.  It did definitely taste like pumpkin but it was also really fruity and spiced!

After stocking up on sweets at Honeyduke's we headed to Ollivander's to pick out a wand!  The options they had were awesome. 


 I decided on getting Professor McGonagall's wand which if beautiful, if I do say so myself.

The last thing we did at the park was go on the rides!  There was only two that we tried but they were awesome, especially the 4D interactive ride.  In it, we met up with the Sorting Hat and the Fat Lady!

 

 I had so much fun exploring the world and seeing all of the places and things that had made my childhood and these books so magical.  I want to go back again so badly but I'm honestly just happy I was able to experience it at least once!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns