Thursday, May 28, 2015

Review: Broken Juliet

Title:  Broken Juliet
Series:  Starcrossed #2
Author:  Leisa Rayven (Website | Twitter)
Age Group:  New Adult
Publisher:  St. Martin's Griffin
Publication Date:  April 28, 2015
Source:  Bought
How do you fix a love that’s been broken beyond repair?
For years, Cassie Taylor tried to forget about Ethan Holt. He was the one great love of her life, and when he failed to return her love, a part of her died forever. Or so she thought. Now she and Ethan are sharing a Broadway stage, and he’s determined to win her back. Claiming to be a changed man, he’s finally able to say all the things she needed to hear years ago, but can she believe him? What makes this time different from all his other broken promises?
Ethan knows he can’t change their tumultuous past, but if he’s going to have any chance of being with the woman he loves, he’ll need to convince Cassie that her future belongs with him.
Don’t miss this stunning conclusion to the unforgettable love story that captivated over two million fans online.

Find Broken Juliet online
Okay, so I'm just going to come right out and say that this has easily become one of my absolute favorite series.  I mean, I adored the first book when I read it and reading this one has just solidified these books place in my list of favorites.  This one had everything I loved about the first one and more.  Angst, humor, a couple with incredible chemistry, character growth - the works.  There wasn't a single moment I wasn't completely engrossed in what was happening.  I'm sad to see these characters go but I'm absolutely thrilled with how it turned out and I'm eagerly anticipating what Leisa Rayven will come out with next.  

Ethan and Cassie are such a great couple.  The chemistry between them is seriously blazing.  Even at their worst when they're arguing and just generally being really terrible to each other, they still somehow make it feel like they are perfect together.  They click incredibly well and it shows in the passion they have for each other.  I especially loved the scenes where they were able to work together in their performances.  Imagining them on stage together was so great.  While I've never been particularly interested in theater, this book made me want to go to broadway and watch all sorts of shows.    

I really enjoyed the continued flashbacks to present set up that Leisa Rayven started in the first book and carried on to this one.  Being able to so clearly see the distinct changes and growth in the characters made this all the more satisfying.  I especially liked seeing how Cassie and Ethan switched roles in the past and present.  Cassie went from being optimistic and sweet to being rather pessimistic and hopeless, and vice versa for Ethan.  Seeing them go full circle and truly grow from the experiences and obstacles they overcame together made me fall in love with this book so hard! 

If you haven't already picked up this book, I honestly don't know what you're thinking!  It has all the components to make a novel great and it doesn't disappoint.  I know I'll be going back to these books in the future and keeping an eye on what Leisa Rayven comes out with next.

“The thing is, if people were books, Ethan would be a bestseller. A sexy, intelligent page-turner you’d find hard to put down, even after it reduced you to a sobbing mess.” 


3 comments:

  1. You already know how I feel about Ethan. I mean, *swoon.* However, this second installment didn't give me those feels I was looking for. I was pleased but not really happy. Still, I can't wait to read more from Rayven. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For real, Ethan is amazing! :D Aw, that's a bummer it wasn't as feely as the first. Hopefully she'll come out with something soon that will blow you away like the first book :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series and hadn't really considered it, but I am adding the first to my TBR based on your great review and recommendation. I will let you know when I read it. Thanks, Ashtyn.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns