Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #51

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.  It's where we share the upcoming releases we're most eagerly anticipating and can't wait to get our hands on!  
This week . . .

Title:  I'll Give You the Sun
Series:  None 
Author:  Jandy Nelson (Website | Twitter)
Age Group:  Young Adult
Publication Date:  September 16 by Dial Books for Young Readers
Jude and her brother, Noah, are incredibly close twins. At thirteen, isolated Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude surfs and cliff-dives and wears red-red lipstick and does the talking for both of them. But three years later, Jude and Noah are barely speaking. Something has happened to wreck the twins in different and divisive ways . . . until Jude meets a cocky, broken, beautiful boy, as well as an unpredictable new mentor. The early years are Noah's story to tell. The later years are Jude's. What the twins don't realize is that they each have only half the story, and if they could just find their way back to one another, they’d have a chance to remake their world.  This radiant, fully alive, sometimes very funny novel from the critically acclaimed author of The Sky Is Everywhere will leave you breathless and teary and laughing—often all at once. 

Find I'll Give You the Sun online

Why I'm waiting on I'll Give You the Sun:  This book just sounds like something that will give me all the feels.  I'm really interested to read about a book with twins who go from really close to not close at all.  I think that transition and getting back to the closeness will be a lot of fun but also probably really heartbreaking to read.  

What are you waiting on this Wednesday? 

Leave your links in the comments below and I'll be sure to check out your posts!




 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for this one as well! it's looks like such a sweet book :)
    Great pick!

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited for this one as well! I have heard great things about The Sky is Everywhere though I haven't read it.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the whole book world is eagerly waiting for this one. I love books that has a strong family element and screams "family" more than twins?

    Christina @ Endless Reads

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns