Thursday, May 1, 2014

Review: Fall With Me

Title:  Fall With Me
Series:  None
Author:  Julie Particka
Age Group:  New Adult
Published:  April 28, 2014 by Entangled Publishing
Source:  A copy was provided by the publisher n exchange for an honest review.  Thank you!
In the game of love…

Dumped by her college boyfriend for her best friend, the last thing Jenna Brandt needs to deal with is working beside her backstabbing-BFF's hotter-than-hot brother. But when he offers her a chance to get some revenge on her ex, she can hardly say no--even if spending more time with Sutton puts her heart in jeopardy all over again.

Someone's going to get hurt…

Sutton Bell has had a thing for Jenna since they were in high school, but after one screwed-up night, she didn’t want anything to do with him. Now, with just the summer before he leaves to begin his new career, Sutton’s determined to convince Jenna he’s not the player he used to be. But saving his sister from making an awful mistake may mean losing Jenna for good.
My Review:  Fall With Me was a book that I was extremely excited to hear about.  I was in the mood for a fun, romantic read and this sounded like a perfect fit.  While it is both fun and romantic, it is not exactly what I had been expecting.  After reading the blurb, I was looking forward to watching Sutton and Jenna work the plan they made together.  However, there was less of that and more unnecessary drama between Sutton and Jenna.  

 First off, I really liked the relationship between Sutton and Jenna at the start of the book.  They were cute and funny and I enjoyed the banter between them.  I liked seeing the way they began to work together and trust each other.  However, I often felt like they were the causes of all of their problems.  I didn't understand the logic they used when making decisions.  I could see so obviously that the choices they were making would not lead to good things but they were blind to it. They made more drama than was believable.  Also, I felt like we didn't get to know them all that well because they had previously known each other before getting together so there was no period of time where they were discovering each other so we never were able to discover them, either.  

The plot was fun and pretty fast but it wasn't what I had been expecting.  I was really looking forward to watching the plan Sutton and Jenna had devised unfold throughout the novel.  However, the execution lasted only two days and there was hardly anything involved with it.  Rather than being the driving force of the plot, it was just a tool used to bring Jenna and Sutton together.  The rest was just sort of them muddling through their relationship and making problems that were easily avoidable.  

Toward the end, I really didn't even know what was going on.  Sutton's logic for the things he did was absolutely horrible and so completely unbelievable that I couldn't even pretend that I understood them.  Again, just the conflicts and the logic they used to progress the plot were unbelievable and hard to follow.  

Despite my obvious problems with Fall With Me, I did actually enjoy reading it quite a lot.  I began reading and absolutely could not put it down.  This is a novel that, while I probably won't go back to it, I was happy I had the chance to read.

Three Cards


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns