Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #45

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.  It's where we share the upcoming releases we're most eagerly anticipating and can't wait to get our hands on!  This week . . . 

Title:  Beware the Wild
Series:  None
Author:  Natalie C. Parker
Age Group:  Young Adult
Publisher:  HarperTeen
Release Date:  October 21, 2014
It's an oppressively hot and sticky morning in June when Sterling and her brother, Phin, have an argument that compels him to run into the town swamp -- the one that strikes fear in all the residents of Sticks, Louisiana. Phin doesn't return. Instead, a girl named Lenora May climbs out, and now Sterling is the only person in Sticks who remembers her brother ever existed.

Sterling needs to figure out what the swamp's done with her beloved brother and how Lenora May is connected to his disappearance -- and loner boy Heath Durham might be the only one who can help her.

This debut novel is full of atmosphere, twists and turns, and a swoon-worthy romance.
Why I'm waiting on Beware the Wild:  First of all, I adore the cover.  I adore the title.  And this sound exactly like the type of novel I would fall in love with!  I'm so excited to read the first book this author is releasing!  

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?  Leave your links in the comments below and I'll be sure to check out your posts!

 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! I'm definitely gonna have to check this one out too. Thanks for sharing it with us. Here's my WoW if you'd like to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I have like a million things to say, but I have to give you mad props on your signature. I'm a huge Cheshire Cat fan.

    This sounds a bit like this book called Chime by Frannie Billingsey, but SO MUCH better. I didn't like that book, but this seems to handle the premise well. I cannot wait to read it.

    I'm a new follower every way that I could cause I think you're awesome.

    Here's my WOW if you'd like to check it out.

    Rebecca @ Vicariously!

    Btw I don't know you, but I'm so putting your button on my page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard about this book before, thank you for sharing.

    New GFC follower.

    Glass @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a scary cover! And i Love your blog design. (You have a new follower)


    Check out our WOW.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover! I really like that it's a standalone, and it sound exactly like the kind of book I'd love to read. Great choice and thanks for posting it, just added it to my to-read list :)
    My WoW
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns