Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Review: Frigid

Title:  Frigid
Series:  Frigid #1
Author:  J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout)
Publisher:  Spencer Hill Contemporary 
Pages:  240
Format:  eBook
Source:  Bought
For twenty-one-year-old Sydney, being in love with Kyler isn't anything new. They'd been best friends ever since he pushed her down on the playground and she made him eat a mud pie. Somewhere over the years, she fell for him and fell hard. The big problem with that? Kyler puts the 'man' in man-whore. He's never stayed with a girl longer than a few nights, and with it being their last year in college, Syd doesn't want to risk their friendship by declaring her love.

Kyler has always put Syd on a pedestal that was too high for him to reach. To him, she's perfect and she's everything. But the feelings he has for her, he's always hidden away or focused on any other female. After all, Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have.

But when they're stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor'easter, there's nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction? Better yet, can they survive at all? Because as the snow falls, someone is stalking them, and this ski trip may be a life-changer in more ways than one.
My Review:  If you follow me on twitter, you'll know that for weeks before this book released I was obsessing over it.  Nearly every day I had a complaint about how it wasn't out yet (I apologize to my followers who had to endure my whining).  With all the amazing reviews and they way I hyped it up to myself, I was a little worried that once I finally got it, it wouldn't reach my expectations.  

Of course, I had absolutely nothing to worry about.  This is a Jennifer Armentrout book, after all.  

JLA has this awesome habit of creating characters that I just can't help but adore.  Frigid was no exception.  I loved everyone in this book, Kyler and Sydney most of all.  Sydney was someone that I could very easily relate to.  She'd been in love with Kyler since forever but never made a move because she didn't want to ruin their awesome friendship.  She was a little shy and preferred staying at home with a good book instead of going out to a bar.  She was so amazing.  I loved her wit and her voice, the way it flowed so easily while reading.  She was just such an easy character to sympathize with and fall in love with.  

And then, of course, we have Kyler.  Holy smokes.  Is Jennifer Armentrout capable of creating a guy that isn't smoking hot?  Because Kyler definitely was.  The entire time I was reading, I was just 


 I love him so much!  He's sweet, caring, hot, a bad ass, and super smart!  Where can I find one?  Anyone know?  The way he supported and looked out for Sydney just totally won my heart.  He was determined not to let anything happen to her.  He was willing to do whatever it took to have her and have her safe.  

The plot was exciting.  The mystery of who was terrorizing them served as an extra thrill to this plot and a way to keep it well layered.  Most of the time in New Adult books, there really isn't any other conflicts besides the two main characters getting together.  I liked how Frigid was different.  It wasn't all lovey dovey.  There was an actual, life threatening conflict that needed a resolution. 

Once again, I've fallen in love with another JLA book but hey, what else is new?  I'm happy that I've finally had the chance to read Frigid and know that I will be definitely coming back for a reread soon because the book was just amazing.  I'm so excited to read anything else Jennifer puts out!  Hopefully we'll get a couple other books in this series soon!

Five Cards


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns