Monday, December 31, 2012

Review: Finale

Title:  Finale
Series:  Hush, Hush #4
Author:  Becca Fitzpatrick
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster
Pages:  454
Format:  Hardcover


Will love conquer all?

Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for.
My Review:  And yet another series I adore has come to an end with this book.  I feel like I'm saying goodbye to an old friend and maybe that's why it has taken me so long to write this review.  While it is bittersweet to see these characters go, I have to say that I am very happy with how this series has come to a close.

After the ending in the last book, I was eager to get my hands on this one.  I couldn't wait to see how it all wrapped up.  The plot in this one was amazing.  Full of action and suspense!  I was on the edge of my seat the entire time waiting for something to happen.   The fight scenes and the action had my heart racing!  The entire time I was reading there was a sense of looming danger.  I didn't know which side it would be from - the angels or the Neph.  The fact that we didn't really have a solid enemy made the plot and Nora's decisions really interesting. 

 I loved seeing the way Nora was adjusting to what had happened to her at the end of the last book.  She was a lot better in this installment than she had been in the other few but I still had some major problems with her.  I was so frustrated with her, I could hardly stand it.  She kept so many secrets and did so many stupid things that I just want to yell at her!  My frustration with her did hurt my reading experience a bit.  Patch, on the other hand, was what really made this book so wonderful for me.  I loved how he was with Nora.  He is always so sweet and caring toward her, even if she does mess up some times.  Though he can be pretty frustrating, too with all his mysteriousness and sarcasm.  I was a little surprised by what we found out about Vee.  Actually, I was really surprised.  It seemed completely out of no where and really random to me.

I was happy with the ending.  I loved the way everything wrapped up so nicely.  I feel very satisfied with how everything worked out and though I am sad to see it go, I can say that I am left with no loose ends to drive me crazy.

Four Cards



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns