Sunday, November 18, 2012

I'm Still Alive! And so is my NaNoWriMo project!

Hi you guys! 

I know it's been a while but I just wanted to reassure you that I'm still here!  I've been writing like the wind and, even though I'm pretty far behind on my word count, I'm still going strong!  This book is turning out to be a story I'm really in love with! 

As a bit of a please-forgive-me present, I'm going to share a bit about my story!  Not sure if any of you care much about it but *shrugs* 

First of all, its tentative title is Dark Bargains.  I'm not entirely sold on it but it was the first thing that came to mind!  It is a split POV between Eden Black, the main female character, and Axel King, the main male character.    

Here's a synopsis: 

 Eden Black is fearless.  Or at least, that's what she wants people to think.  Behind her tough girl facade, she is more terrified and confused than ever.  It's not enough that her mom died giving birth to her and her father disappeared without a trace but now she's being visited by demons?  That's just down right unfair.

And when Axel King, the new student at school and a dark reminder of what's happening to her, starts showing more and more interest in her, the world she's come to know rapidly begins to unravel.  She's developing strange new abilities and her demon companion is becoming a stable part of her life.  She feels like she's going insane - both from the strange changes in her life and the unbelievable and terrifying feelings she's beginning to develop for Axel.

She soon comes to realize that not only is she wanted by the demon, but by the devil himself.  What will she do when she's promised the one thing she's ever wanted  - to form a relationship with the mother she's never known - and just for one small price: to become a weapon for Hell and bring Heaven to ruins.  With her abilities growing more powerful by the day and her desperation rising, Eden will do anything to get what she wants - even if that means bargaining with the Devil.    

I know it's pretty long but I'll edit it and cut out all the unnecessary parts later!

Wow, I am actually really nervous writing this post right now . . . Ahhh!!!

Anyway, here's a little except from it:

Ryker's smile shattered his calm facade and he snarled, rushing at me with a haunting eyes.  I shrieked, pressing myself against the wall and cowering away from him.  He caged me in, his large hands on either side of my head and his back arched unnaturally, shoulder muscles bunched and bulging. 
    "Enough!  Enough of the questions, Eden.  I do not answer to you.  You answer to me.  Don't forget it."
    Reckless adrenaline was dancing through my veins, tickling my skin and pounding in my heart.  I straightened, my chest heaving in sync with my short, erratic breathing.  I unclenched my jaw and stared right into his eyes, ignoring the darkness swirling in them.  "No."  The word was like silk on my tongue.
    Ryker's brow furrowed in confusion and he leaned back from me.  "What did you just say?"
    "No," I repeated, stronger this time.  "You need to stop messing with me, Ryker.  You don't control me.  And if you think you do, you are dead wrong."  

So . . . what do you guys think?  I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! 

And again, I'm really sorry about the lack of reviews lately!  November is a crazy month!  But fear not - I've got a lot of reviews lined up that I need to write!  Reviews will start back up in December! 

Thanks for hanging in there!  I really appreciate it! 






2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! It's very unique and it makes me want to read it. I'm really intrigued by the synopsis and the excerpt. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the synopsis. It sounds good! :) Thank you for sharing, it was very cool to read it!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from StarCityDesigns